NEW/Top 3 No. 3: John Pål Inderberg Trio - Linjedalsleiken
NEW/TOP 3 No. 3:
Ponca Jazz Records proudly presents:
Artist: John Pål Inderberg Trio / Album: Linjedalsleiken / PJRCD 129
Release: April 7th
Original combination of Norwegian traditional music and jazz.
John Pål says: “I met Håkon Mjåset Johansen and Trygve Waldemar Fiske as young hardworking and inspiring students at Jazzlinja in Trondheim. Many years later we found the opportunity to start this trio, go on tour and make this recording of the music we love.”
A playful baritone saxophonist gets the latitude and the confidence he wants with these inclusive and brilliant improvisers.
We hope our audience is experiencing this trio’s playful joy in their combination of Norwegian traditional music and jazz.
John Pål Inderberg - Baritone saxophone
Trygve Waldemar Fiske - Double bass
Håkon Mjåset Johansen - Drums
Producer: John Pål Inderberg Trio.
Recorded in Skansen Studio by Stein Bratland / Mix: Ingar Hunskar / Mastered in Propeller Mastering by Morgan Nicholaysen / Cover design: Rune Nergaard. Cover art: Octavio Gil Villegas.
1. Pols (after Hilmar Alexandersen and Svein Nyhus)
2. My Melancholy Baby (Ernie Burnett & George A. Norton)
3. Fine Together (Lars Gullin)
4. Andalsleken (polsk etter Erling Sundet and Oline Sofie Bakkom
/ Play, Fiddle Play (Arthur Altman / Jack Lawrence / Emery Deutsch)
/ Kary’s Trance (Lee Konitz)
5. Easy Living/Kor I Blått (Ralph Rainger / Leo Robin and John Pål Inderberg)
6. Subconscious-Lee (Lee Konitz)
7. Brother, Can You Spare a Dime? ( E.Y. Harburg / Jay Gorney)
8. Dream Stepper (Lee Konitz)
9. Whisper Not (Benny Golson)